Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thankful for many things

  
Here in the Pacific Northwest, rain comes with Autumn.  We've got maybe 3 weeks of stunning fall color and then the leaves get knocked off if we have a big storm.  Bummer, huh?  But when it's a beautiful sunny day like today (and the first day of my vacation), I can't help but feel thankful for living in such an amazing place.

With this design I really liked how I colored the basket and flowers and even my attempt at recreating galvanized metal for the watering can.  I'm not satisfied with the leaves tho, especially the maples.  I had a very specific color  in my head but just couldn't capture it.  Maybe it's one of those things that can't be. 

The Details:
Northwood Rubber Stamps Apple Basket and Sunflower Watering Can, Spectrum Noirs, Spellbinders leafy squares die, Cameo for the sentiment, foam dots, Martha Stewart corner rounder, Gutermann thread, card stock from my old stash


1 comment:

  1. Love your card, Toni, I think the colors are wonderful representations of autumn! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!