Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chevron Forest

You may have noticed that I don't use a lot of blue blue in my cards.  So I was quite beside myself when my kid sis gave me this chevron trees paper that I really really really like.  What to do, what to do?  I know you know what I'm talking about.

I love how this card turned out.  Can you see the subtle evergreen (blue)  forest in the background (perfect for the Pacific NW)?  Then you have the close up of the bird on the limb with just a touch of ice/snow.  Wintery nature at its stylized best.  I'll definitely be adding this to my collection of cards (I'm thinking my BIL's birthday in January--shh).

The Details:
Memory Box Woodland Branch die, Marianne Designs Fence, Bird & House dies, Stickles, glossy accents (as glue), foam dots, mystery PP and dark blue card stock from my old stash.

I'm entering this in the CASology Country, The Male Room #7 Nature, and Less is More #142 Trees challenges.

Update:  also entering this in the Papertake Weekly Challenge Oh Christmas Tree.

11 comments:

  1. A great entry for our Nature challenge, beautifully CAS too - thanks for joining us in The Male Room this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks simply terrific Toni!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold pop of red on this cool and frosty card! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors, so CRISP!! Oooh this has such a great feel to it, airy and light with a pop of color

    Thanks so much for joining us in the FUN this week at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your card it is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I am !neke from the Netherlands!
    I accidently found your blog, love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, love the colour combo. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who wouldn't love this great card with that red bird that just pops! So very country!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Toni :-) I love the funky christmas tree background ! fabulous design, and the bird on the branch is perfect ,, CAS and stunning :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab masculine card, and I love the red bird against the blues. Thanks for playing along at The Male Room. Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your chevron forest, the red bird against the blue stands out and the birdhouse is very sweet. A chilly, frosty card, perfect for our Nature challenge at The Male Room. Thanks for playing along

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!