Sunday, October 27, 2013

Christmas is coming

 
I grew up in the country and each year you'd know Christmas was well and officially near when you'd see wreaths pop up on doors and mailboxes.  And being the country, the boughs often came from your own evergreens.  I love love love that smell.  Lights were popular too but not starting in October!

The Details:
Martha Stewart punch and score board, Inkssentials white enamel accents, Fiskars stamps (All that Glitters "Christmas" & snowflakes, and Sentiments "cheer"), PTI white card stock, Brilliance Graphite Black, Color Box Cranberry, green cardstock from old stash, Spellbinders cardinal, Cheery Lynn Alison's Ribbons, Hampton Art clear embossing powder, Sizzix embossing folder and my beloved glossy accents.

I'm entering this in Festive Friday FC20 Wreaths, Casology 67 Country, Penny Black and More Anything Goes, Jingle Belles Critters, and Wordplay Saturday Anything challenges.

11 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love this card and your cat-- looks a little like my Atticus, who also helps me craft! He loves when I make circle dies and toss them in the air, carries them all over the house! I live in the PNW as well, Seattle! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lovin' that tiny little cardinal ... I love the smell of evergreen wreaths too ... here they also put blankets of evergreen on the graves in the cemeteries ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that smell too - it's just such an integral part of Christmas! This is a gorgeous, classic Christmas card - love the pop of red! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, this card is so full of the tiniest beautiful details! The dry embossing, the realistic pine branches, the dots of snow on the branches, the beautiful cardinal...perfectly country, perfectly gorgeous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, and the bird is the perfect accent! Thanks so much for playing at Festive Friday again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card Toni! I love clean white bases with lots of texture and a pop of color and this card has it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent card for both Festive Friday and Jingle Belles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous wreath, and of course that sweet cardinal really makes it! thanks for joining our "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty!!! Love the classic red and green with the black, and the white on white, too...lovely dimension! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!