Monday, October 21, 2013

Hexagon wreath

The hexagon flower I made a while back reminded me of a wreath too so I played around with that but mixed it up by partially embossing.  Simple and nice.  I used my Martha Stewart mini scoring board (thanks, kid sis!) to make the horizontal lines before stamping the sentiment.  To ensure I made the lines far enough apart, I made a practice run--good thing too.  For the partial embossing with the folder, I just lined it up on the side of the folder (that is, the 4" wide paper was placed inside the 5.25" side of the folder) then ran it through my Big Shot.

The Details:
PTI Hexagon stamps, red cardstock from my old stash, Brilliance Gamma Green ink, red tulle, tiny round red epoxy stickers my kid sis gave me, Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder, Martha Stewart mini scoring board, Fiskars Holiday Frolic sentiment

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday Christmas challenge, 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Bling It Up, and Penny Black and More Anything Goes.

Currently listening to Deadmau5.

7 comments:

  1. Another fab card for our bling challenge Toni! I love the bold, modern & graphic look of the hexagon wreath, the tulle and ribbon dress it up delightfully! Thanks so much for sharing a second card with us at 52 C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Great job with the embossing.. so creatively done! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the stylised Christmas wreath with all the super bling! This is a super CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the hexagon stamp to make a wreath - how fun and creative. I'll have to try that for sure. Thanks for another entry this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this modern card, great idea to make a wreath out of hexagons. Fab card, lovely bling! Perfect for the challenge at 52 CCT this week, thanks for playing

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and loving the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing at penny black and more! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!