Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rest in Sweets: goodbye, Cricut

My coworkers and I chose an amazing project for office Halloween treat bags.  They're so so so cute!  See our inspiration here.

I'm ever so proud of myself for figuring out the Silhouette program enough to create the grass and gravestone cuts.  Goodbye, Cricut.  Hello, lovely!  After cutting out the gravestones from iridescent silver card stock, I inked the edges and the surface to age it.  See the tiny bat?  That's the mouth of the Spellbinders skull upside down!  I love using every last bit.  For the sentiments (Rest in Sweets, Here Lies Treats, Trick R. Treat), I created a table in Word with extra fat lines then printed onto vellum.  I then cut them out using my rotary cutter.  A little roll on sticky tape and voila.

You know, I remember back when I used to make cards--so like 10 years ago (yikes)--there was some sort of tape I used on vellum that would not show through.  I still have a few cards from that period where that still holds true.  Of course, I can't recall what that product was/is.  Do you?

Also, I'm happy to share the .studio and .doc files that make up this project but don't see an option for that in Blogger.  Where do these files get stored so people can download them at will?  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks!

The Details:
iridescent silver 12x12 card stock from Michaels, Spellbinders skull and bat, Lifestyle Crafts circle die, hole puncher, mystery orange ribbon, dark blue tissue paper, World Win photo inkjet vellum, green card stock from stash, flat plastic gift bags about 4.5x9.5"

Entering this in the Simon Wednesday Challenge Going Dotty and Crazy 4 Challenges C4C206.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun treat bag! I love the Halloween theme, the sentiment and the dotty ribbon! :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!