Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My usual pop of red

Hmm, it seems like my signature style might include adding that little pop of red to my otherwise plain cards.  Oh, how I love that.  This card was so so fun.  I used another image from Papercraft Essentials (I so love them!) then did a partial die cutting thing for the snowman's hecka tall hat.  Isn't he cute?!  There's really a lot going on with this card if you look closely but at a glance it's so simple.  Happy sigh.

My current plan is to use this as a birthday card (lots of winter birthdays in my world), maybe with the sentiment "happy belated birthday!  I'm just helping you s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the celebration" (from Stampendous).  Cute!  And, yes, I will inevitably be late for somebody's birthday LOL.

The Details: 
Papercraft Essentials image, Spectrum Noir, Hammermill cardstock for the snowman and layer behind snowman, black card stock from my old stash, PTI card stock in white (base), Spellbinders die, Paper Studio ribbon and embossing folder, Memory Box Resting Birds dies.

I'm entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes, Seize the Birthday, CASology, Crazy 4 Challenges Favorite Stamp Set, Jingle Belles, CAS(E) this Sketch!, and Wordplay Saturday Anything.

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute winter card!! And I think your idea for the belated birthday sentiment is perfect. Love the pop of red too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Toni! It sure did catch my eye when I was looking through all of our links over at Seize the Birthday…thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute image! Love the black and white with your pop of red :)
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little image ... love the snowflake background ... and the pop of red is perfection ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a HAT! It made me smile! And you're right - those pops of red are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool card. Love your details. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun image! I love the little pops of red against the white. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! What a fun card! Love that TALL top hat, great pops of red! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, that image is just too cute and you've made it into a truly lovely holiday card! thanks for joining our "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, brilliant snowman and love the pop of red.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this image!! LOL And your card is just wonderful!! Love the pop of red ;) Awesome .. just awesome!!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

    ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!