Tuesday, October 31, 2017

MerSanta


You all know I love my Waffle Flower and how could I resist (1) Merman and (2) Christmas. Punny Christmas at that!

I used a die to create a stencil and sponged Distress Oxide on the background.  I next stamped the Merman and colored him up with Copics.  I didn't bother to mask the background as it's light enough that the blue just adds a bit of shadow to his torso which doesn't bother me at all.  Next I stamped the sentiment, cut out the panel, and mounted it onto the card base which I had lightly sponged the edges with the same Distress Oxide. Easy peasy!

I'm entering this in CASology #273 List, Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes

The Details:  Waffle Flower The Season, Versafine Onyx Black, Copics, Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Clear Wink of Stella, Memory Box die used to create stencil

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Too fun!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun holiday card! I love the pop of bolder colors against the soft blue!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is absolutely adorable! Love the soft background. Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and perfectly balanced card! The blue grounding santa and the blue frame work so well together . So glad to see you at CASology this week Toni.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!