Friday, November 5, 2021

Speckled Snowman 11/9


So happy to have finally found the Penny Black Snowy stamp which I think was re-released 3 or 4 years ago.  I found it on Amazon as a wood stamp from, get this, 2008. I think re-released since I saw it pop up a lot recently (recent = a year or two pre-COVID).

I was inspired by Bobbi Lemanski on the Honey Bee Stamps blog. I spattered my trees with a combo of Distress Oxides and Inks and watercolored the PB Snowy image. I designed this as a take and make for some friends so kept it really simple with diecut hills and sentiment. I think they're going to love this whimsical design.


PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED
  • Penny Black Snowy
  • Yvonne Creations Snow Trees
  • Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Snowflakes
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
  • Stamplorations Let It Snow
  • Zig 052, 082, 092, 222
  • Distress Oxide Spray Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Weathered Wood
  • Distress Ink Spray Salvaged Patina

Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Stitched Hillside Borders

8 comments:

  1. Oh man, Toni, this is so great! Those trees are perfectly fun. And your pink hat/scarf look so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet card Toni! Those splattered trees in the background are absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative. I love those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning - love those splatterd trees...will definitely check out Bobbi's link.
    I love Snowy...he's one of my all time favourite Penny Black stamps...I've had him since before I started my blog, he featured in one of my first blog posts (back in September 2008!), and continues to pop-up regularly!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card. I love the gorgeous colors, especially the colorful trees. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Toni. Your trees are stunning and of course snowy is lovely (one of my favourite snowman stamp). Thank you for joining us ABC Christmas Challenges. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun festive design, Toni! Love your creative background trees and Snowy looks wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!