Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Painted Christmas Rose


I was going through my stash recently and rekindled my interest in acrylic gouache (essentially a thick acrylic which allows it to be more opaque). Because of the paint's opacity, it makes it perfect for coloring on dark colors.  Talk about drama!

Notes:
  • I use white with the basic colors to create my shades. The non-whitened color is the shadow then I worked my way out from there with increasing white.
  • The paint is thick and will thicken further over time.  You can add a tiny bit of water but beware of adding too much as it will affect the opacity.
  • I like the texture so don't worry too much about viscosity. I can always go back and add another layer if necessary.
I'm entering this in Allsorts #650 Christmas.


PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

Hero Arts - Clear Photopolymer Stamps - Christmas Rose Holbein Acrylic Gouache - Artists Set, Set of 18 colors, 20 ml Tubes

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful festive creative the colours are lush thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous painting technique creating a wonderfully festive card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!