Friday, December 20, 2019

Whimsy - Boo Boo Dragon


As you may know if you're a regular, I've been experimenting with colored pencils lately. Earlier this week I showed an example of my first use of Polychromos pencils.

This time I'm using Prismacolors with the Whimsy Get Well Dragons set.  I was so excited when this  set was released. Usually the dragons are single images in red rubber but this time it was an entire photopolymer set. Woo hoo!  You should go check it out along with the rest of the release!


Anyhoo, I stamped the images with  Distress Oxide Vintage Photo or Memento Tuxedo Black. The sentiment is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.

I enjoyed using the Prismacolors but I do find them harder to blend than the Polychromos. That could also be because I only have the 48 pencils set but have the full PolyChromos set (thank you, Santa!). There were definitely bigger jumps between shades.

I used PC901, 903, 909, 910, 912, 927, 929, 935, 938, 941, 992, 1027, and 1084.


I think the results were great--the vibrancy of the colors turned out amazing. I'll definitely keep my Prismacolors and will continue to use them to supplement my watercolor and Copic work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!