Saturday, January 19, 2019

Love Owlays


Ack! Isn’t that Aall and Create Owl You Need is Love owl just the cutest? I would love to cuddle him but I’m a little afraid of owls. They’re so beaky plus one nearly collided with me as a child. Chomp chomp!

 I started by diecutting the Lawn Fawn Polka Hearts Backdrop with kraft cardstock and adhering it to a white base. Next I diecut the MFT Hearts Entwined Die from Doodlebug Design Cream and Sugar 6x6 paper. I wanted the sentiment to stand and owl to stand out so I laid down a strip of vellum. Not that the green LOVE needed more standing out. That’s leftover from my recent monkey card.


I used another leftover LOVE in white beneath the green. And, of course, I replaced the O with the owl which is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I took it a step further by embossing the sentiment and laying it over the LOVE. I love that there are lots of layers but not a lot of visual mayhem going on.


I'm entering this in Freshly Made Sketches #371


The Details:  Aall and Create Owl You Need is Love, Lawn Fawn Polka Hearts Backdrop, Mama Elephant Tri Window Die Coverplate, MFT Hearts Entwined die, Doodlebug Design Cream and Sugar 6x6 Paper, Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampendous Detail Fine White Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am in awe of how you colored that owl, Toni! Simply outstanding. Looks great with the hearts behind it (I just got that die too- I love it!). Such an adorable card! So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is wonderful - and so beautifully colored! (I already found the set and added it to my wishlist because of your card!) I love him as the "O" with all of the hearts in the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!