Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Wild Birthday


I spied the Lawn Fawn Wild for You set in my stash and thought it would go so well with the tropical theme from the most recent release. 



I sponged the card base with Distress Oxides (listed below) using the Lawn Fawn Tropical Leaves Background Stencils. I then adhered a piece of acetate beneath the Lawn Fawn Four Square Landscape Backdrop in preparation for the shaker element. I used 1/8" Scor-Tape to secure both the acetate and the card front to the base after sprinkling a few sequins.


I stamped the Lawn Fawn Wild for You and Lawn Fawn Toucan Do It images using Memento Tuxedo Black, my go-to when coloring with Copics.



I had used the Lawn Fawn Tropical Leaves Backdrop die previously and kept the extras for just such an occasion as this fun shaker card. I sponged the vines and leaves with Distress Oxides and added them to the card, creating lots of visual movement and added depth.


For the sentiment, I stamped the Lawn Fawn Wild for You words with Versamark on black cardstock and embossed them with Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder. I remembered to use my Inkadinkado Embossing Magic Pad so kept the static to a minimum!

I sponged the Lawn Fawn Oliver's Stitched ABCs with Distress Oxides and mounted onto black cardstock to create a shadow effect and help make the letters stand out.

This card was definitely a labor of love and will be going to a crafty friend who will appreciate the card in all of its tropical glory.

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED INCLUDE:

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, and I plan to CASE! TFS from this Toni to that Toni! (I also have a crafty cat--Spenser).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!