Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Tropical Hibiscus


I'm a fan of the Picket Fence series of extra large images. I have used them on A2 cards so far but can easily see how they'd work on larger cards, journaling, or even stamping fabric. So many possibilities!




Here I'm using the Tropical Hibiscus Bouquet.  Isn't it glorious? I used my MISTI to stamp the image a few times to make sure I got good coverage on the flower centers.


I used only three (!!) Zig Real Brush Watercolor Pens to color up the image. I love how easily these blend.

Above you can see how I used the stamp itself as a mask so I could spatter the background around the blooms.


After the masked spattering I went back in and manually added a few dots of color closer to the image edges. Super easy.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment on black.  And then I fussy cut it.  Is the world ending?  LOL.

I'm entering this in HLS Watercolour Anything Goes.

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

1 comment:

  1. Hi Toni, I adore your tropical flowers, beautiful watercolour colouring.. So happy you shared with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!