Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Dreamy Bougainvillea


Hello there! I was a little surprised by the direction this card took but I think that's the nature of mixed media; it's a very organic process for me.

I started with a panel I had sprayed with Distress Oxides but thought it turned out too dark. Well, I applied a thin layer of Liquitex Gesso and fixed that issue right up. The colors totally transformed and blended into a soft magical field of dreaminess.


I foiled the panel using the Pinkfresh Studio Bougainvillea Print Hot Foil Plate and WRMK Fuschia hot foil. I used Zigs to lend more definition to the leaves and blooms.

I then spattered the panel with water, Copic Opaque White, and Zig #400 Marine Green. I love that the Distress Oxides beneath the gesso still reacted with water.


To finish the card I used the Pinkfresh Studio Lots of Love Dies with scrap aqua cardstock on top of Neenah Metallic 65lb Cardstock in White Silver (check out that shimmer!).

I cut a few leaves in Lawn Fawn Vellum with the Mama Elephant Leafy Cover, tucking those beneath the sentiment, and sprinkled a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins among them. So very soft and pretty.

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!