Friday, May 10, 2019

DB - Wonderful Friend


I love the new MFT release, people!  I restrained myself and only got 3 things.  Wait, 4 things. Sweetie, if you're reading this, I swear!  LOL.


I started the card by choosing the layout based on the current MFT Sketch. With that it was a matter of choosing a couple of the Carta Bella Flora 6x6 papers which I've been dying to use--the background, of course, as well as paper-piecing the MFT Bring Out the Sunshine girl's dress.


Notice how I used an Exacto knife to carefully cut the MFT Bring Out the Sunshine girl's hair and arm so that the dress could tuck right under, like it would in reality? A little something extra I like to do.


Next I colored up the images from the MFT Bring Out the Sunshine and MFT Friends at First Sip sets.  They're so so cute!  I love the color palette I used based on the Carta Bella paper.


The card background felt a touch plain so I used the MFT Mini Staggered Circles stencil with Distress Oxide Ripe Persimmon and Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink on it. Love the effect.


My final step was stamping the MFT Bring Out the Sunshine sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black onto a MFT Dynamics Blueprints 25 diecut.

I'm also entering this in Color Throwdown #452.


Now go and enjoy the rest of your day!

3 comments:

  1. such a fun flirty color combo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet images! I like this set too! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card and a fun take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!