Thursday, August 3, 2023

Simon Says Stamps - Super Sunflowers


This week I have made a MAJOR effort to clean up my craft desk which had gotten to a hoarder's level of clutter--no joke. It was to the point where my piles had piles and they had piles. UGH!  But, a few evenings of steady organizing and I can see my desk surface again.  Woo hoo!  

Clearing the space also meant I was able to dig into the last three month's of Simon Says Stamp Golden Ticket packages I had gotten.  I wish I were joking how long it'd taken me but life gets in the way of the best of us.



So last night I treated myself to a card for the heck of it based on a couple of challenges and inspired by my encounter with a sunflower and bee earlier in the day.

If you're a regular follower, you know I live in the Seattle area which is known for gray, rainy weather and for good reason. So when the sun comes out, I'm all about it. I particularly love when we have that sunny summer weather we also have so many flowers, so much color.  


I'm entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Summer, Paper Players #651 Tic Tac Toe (feminine/diecuts/yellow), and As You See It #304 Fill in the Blank (flowers).



8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Toni, so vibrant and summery! Love your gorgeous sunflowers, and that beautiful background sheet - just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I love that you shared your inspiration photo with us. Such a wonderful, bright, and cheery card. Perfect way to showcase summer. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni those bright sunflowers are so cheery and a wonderful reminder of summer - what a fabulous diecut! A great blended background too and the bee is the perfect finishing touch! Bravo on the tidy up too - feel free to come and clear mine next!! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players and As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, this is just fabulous! I love the beautiful sunflowers and the gorgeous background! Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing is quite as good as the feeling of a cleaned up craft room - you'd think we'd do it more often! And what a delight this card is - so bright and summery and cheerful. That sunflower cover plate is a keeper for sure. Thanks for joining in with us as As You See It with your summery beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! Sunflowers! One of my two favorites. The boldness of the flowers and the bees with that bright background makes this an eye catcher! Stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Toni! I do love those sunflowers, but the blue background is a close second! Both evoke late summer feelings! Thanks for filling in our blank at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just fabulous Toni - love the vibrant colours of your sunflowers against the blue background, and I'm always very partial to a bee! Thanks for sharing your summer favourites with us at As You See It

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!