Sunday, March 1, 2020

Whimsy - Birthday Fishing


The latest Whimsy Stamps release is available today!  Woo hoo!

I'm using the Fisherman's Basket rubber stamp for my masculine birthday card.  I was really taken with the little scene within the basket's strap.


I stamped the Fisherman's Basket with Versafine Onyx Black onto watercolor paper and watercolored it using Zigs (021, 027, 035, 044, 051, 054, 060, 063, 065, 066, 070, 092, 098, 400).

Once dry, I diecut it with one of the Whimsy Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies. I thought the wonky stitching paired well with the curves of the basket strap.


Finally I stamped the Don't Shop Dogs sentiment, again using Versafine Onyx Black.

I'll be sending this to my nephew for his birthday.  He's an avid fisherman and will love it (or else-- LOL)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!