Thursday, April 11, 2019

Whimsy - Wizard Wish


Oh, goodness!  I LOVE these wizards from the Whimsy February release Create Magic, not to mention the coordinating Wizard Frame and Once Upon a Star dies! Swoon!


With my first card, I stamped the Create Magic image and Wizard Frame with VersaFine Onyx Black. I then watercolored using Zig Realbrush Markers. I masked off the central portion of the image and spattered the card front using the same Zig colors. I added a few sparkly enamel dots too. I finished the card by stamping the Create Magic sentiment with VersaFine Onyx Black onto one of the Quick Strips banners.

More Details:
Zig Watercolor Pens (092, 200, 082, 032, 052, 072, 080)
Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch, Mustard Seed and Seedless Preserves


I got a bit messier with this next card by sponging a galaxy onto the card base using Distress Oxides. I spattered that with both water and Copic Opaque White for stars. You totally can't see it well in the photo but I used shimmer spray on the galaxy so it's really dreamy and sparkly.

Next I stamped the Create Magic image with VersaFine Onyx Black and colored it with Zig Realbrush markers. Once that was dry, I die cut the card front using a couple of the Once Upon a Star dies. I watercolored the smaller stars and added those to the front as well.

Notice the glitter behind the stars at the top?  I used glitter on Scor-Tape but you could easily use Wink of Stella.

Don't you agree the new release is absolutely magical?!

More Details:
Zig Watercolor Pens (072, 200, 092, 083, 032, 052)
Imagine Crafts Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Mist

Before I go, I wanted to let you know the Whimsy Challenge this month is "April showers bring May flowers." The challenge closes on May 3 at midnight EST, and there's a $20 prize. Hope to see you play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!