Friday, November 30, 2018

52 CCT Guest Designer


I am super excited to be guest designing at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. For this challenge round, you are able to choose any of the challenges from 2017 to base your project on. That's a LOT of choices!

I chose to use a challenge theme from October 2017: Winter Sports. I'm a by-the-fire type of adult but I have very fond memories of sledding with my kid sister as a child.


I masked a pieced of watercolor cardstock and used bright and happy shimmer powder watercolors on it. Love that sparkle!  I really wanted the background to be show up as much as possible, so once I cut the solid scalloped oval die, I fussy cut out the middle along the stitching lines. So framed, but not too framed!



The Details: Newton's Nook Winter Memories, PTI Christmas Card Kit 2017, Lindy's Magicals, Versafine Onyx Black, Copics

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunning. I love the nontraditional colors with the very old fashioned stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelle magnifique carte Toni, j'aime ce contraste entre les silhouettes et les couleurs lumineuses du fond, merci d'entre notre guest designer, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I like a walk but that is as far as winter sports go for me. This background is gorgeous and is perfect for showing off your silhouettes. A stylish card. Thanks for being our guest designer this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect frame for this beautiful die cut and the small silhouettes! The background colors are really beautiful and bright - what a great spectacle for the eyes!
    Thanks for being our guest designer this week, Toni.
    Have a nice Christmas time.
    Rosi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful holiday card you made :-)) I like the scene you create and colours you use!
    I am very glad you are our guest this time with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
    I wish you a peaceful Christmas ... Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!