Thursday, August 15, 2019

Whimsy - Goth Princess


Now this was a FUN Whimsy card to make using the new Goth Girl set. I love getting messy! With gloves on.  Duh.  

I used Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock for the base and randomly smeared on Distress Ink Candied Apple, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet and Distress Oxide Weathered Wood. I then stamped the Goth Skulls Background using VersaFine Onyx Black.


I wanted a bit more texture so I used the Whimsy Halloween Creatures stencil with PaperArtsy Grunge Paste. Once dry, I rubbed on a bit of the Distress Oxides.  Not tooooo creepy.


Next I stamped the Goth Girl image using Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her up using Copics.


I thought the background still lacked a bit of something so I stamped one of the Goth Girl sentiments randomly over the card base using Versamark and Ranger White Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder. I also stamped some of the Cute but Psycho spatters using VersaFine Onyx Black.


For the main card sentiment, I stamped it using Versamark and Ranger White Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder onto a strip of scrap black cardstock and cut it up. I mounted "freak" and the goth girl image on foam tape. Gotta make sure the important stuff is obvious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!