Thursday, August 1, 2019

Whimsy - Bats


I'm batty over the new Whimsy August release set Going Batty.  Bats are so often portrayed as ugly and creepy but in real life, they can be quite cute. Not purr purr baby kitty cute, but cute. These Going Batty images fall into the cute category for sure.

To create the background of my card, I used VersaFine Onyx Black to stamp Lots of Dots that is available in the August kit or as a single stamp in September. I then masked the background and sponged the negative space with Distress Oxide Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed.


I used a white pigment pen to add dots to the dots. They remind me of eyeballs. I also stamped the Going Batty sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black.


I stamped the Going Batty images with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copics. I used the same Copics for each bat but used different ones for the shading.


Once I figured out the layout for the bats, I glued down a handful of googly eyes to some of the eyeball dots on the card front. I then glue down the bats. Don't they look happy to see me? :)

I love the googly eyes too. They push the card even more toward the cute not creepy spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!