Wednesday, June 13, 2018

CDD June Release Day 3

We are on day 3 of the CDD June release and featuring the CDD Mermanimal set. Lots of nautical goodness coming your way for sure!  Everything will be available this Friday, June 15, so best start your wish lists so you can grab your favorites before they're sold out.


My first card features a sentiment from the upcoming CDD Mermanimal set. I love that font and the splash marks which pair perfeclty with the Mermaid Tail Die.

The Details:  CDD Mermanimal, Mermaid Tail Dies, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, VersaFine Onyx Black, Ken Oliver Color Burst Splash 6x6 Paper


Next I was inspired to create a card featuring the siren monkey from the CDD Mermanimal set. Sirens were mythological creatures, often portrayed now as mermaids, that would sing and lure sailors to their deaths. Yeah, not exactly a fun idea but perfect for a cute card!  I took a sheet of music and sponged Distress Oxides right over the top then spattered with water. I then made some waves (ha!) and rocks for the siren to perch on as she sings. The sentiment is so punny to me in this case:  "hey there, cutie, come on over here and be my lunch."  LOL

The Details:  CDD Mermanimal, Friend in Me, Outdoor Landscape 2 Dies, Scenery Dies, Fancy Frames Dies, Ocean Border Dies, and Island Dies, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder, Distress Oxide Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, and Squeezed Lemonade, Copics



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!