Friday, November 1, 2013

One Technique, Two Different Results

 
I was on FaceTime with my kid sis last night and I mentioned I had seen a simple sponged wreath card on a now-defunct blog.  Ten minutes into our conversation and I had worked up both of these.  Sa-weet.  I'm torn between which I like more.  On the one hand the first card is modern and festive, while the other is more traditional with more visual movement--you can see the swirls the sponge dauber created as I made the circle.  I thought about using my finger instead of the dauber but learned how messy that can be with an earlier card!

The Details:  Memento Northern Pine & Pistachio ink, Versa Magic Red Magic Chalk ink, Paper studio embossing folder, Q-tip (to dot the chalk ink on card 1), Bazzill red card stock, Pop Tone craft card stock, PTI white card stock, Xmas Red Stickles, Penny Black sentiments ("wishing you health and happiness all through the year" and "best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year"), sponge dauber.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:  Curtain Call Welcome HomeFestive Friday Wreath, Cute Card Thursday Sparkles, Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes, Weekly Christmas Card Challenges #48 Bows, Addicted to Stamps and More #69 CAS, and CAS-ual Fridays CFC119 Embossing.

18 comments:

  1. The first card pops more, but I really like the more subtle coloring of the 2nd card. Both are lovely! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I too have made some wreath cards lately. My first ones and I love them. The embossing in the background really helps them pop. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful technique! Beatifully done! In keeping with the optional challenge of bows at Chirstmas Card Challenges too. TYFS and playing along at CCC#48 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that the result for both are stunning. Something new to try! Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, NO WAY! You are a genius - what a clever, clever use of the embossing folder and a dauber! I'm definitely going to remember this technique for future casing! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these! I think this is so incredibly clever, and they both look so different (I see why you can't pick a fave!). Thank you so much for sharing these with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply adorable!
    Thanks for joining in at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I love this technique and the cards are gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What VERY COOL cards!! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toni this is brilliant! What a fabulous way to create interest and depth in a single layer. Frankie is gorgeous too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so creative and clever! Love them both and it opens a new way of using embossing folders in my mind! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! What a great idea to sponge the ink over the embossing!! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is extremely clever! Wow! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously ingenious, Toni! So well-deserving of the shoutout from Curtain Call!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what an amazing technique - thanks so much for the inspiration x Beautiful x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well...this is a real Ah-Ha! Who would have thought? I like the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!