Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Waffle Flower Shaped Shaker Guest Designer


I'm so excited to be guest designing for the Shaped Shaker challenge over at Waffle Flower Crafts!  I find shaped cards to be quite the challenge but I'm all about flat shakers so was happy to jump into the creative fray. There are so many fun possibilities.  I hope you'll join us!


I used the largest of the Nesting Tags Dies, cutting it in both a heavy white cardstock as well as Christmas Half Half Lines Paper for each tag. The built-in lines are perfect for writing a little note for the recipient. The reverse of the paper also works well with sponging Distress Oxides.


To create the aperture for the shaker element of the first tag, I used a Nesting Circles Die. I then stamped the tag with Galina's Snowflakes in Distress Oxide Twisted Citron. I spattered a bit of DO Vintage Photo and Black for more interest.


I used the Wonderful Christmas & Dies, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, for the sentiment. Hint: I've hidden a tiny foam dot behind the sentiment to give a slight dome effect and allow the shaker bits to merrily shake away.


I colored up the Poinsettia Blooms and Hamster Family images as well as the Holiday Lights diecut with Copics.

For the second tag, I used an A2 Layers Die to create a rectangular aperture. I sponged the tag base with Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina and spattered it with water. I stamped some of the smaller Galina's Snowflakes with Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink onto the background and used Salvaged Patina to stamp some on the white portion of the tag.

Btw, the hidden piece of foam is behind the Christmas tree on this one. I'm so sneaky!


I hope to see you playing along with the challenge.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!