Monday, January 27, 2020

Whimsy - Lakeside Sympathy


I'm bolstering my sympathy card collection although this card could be a masculine birthday or just a thinking of you.  It's quite lovely, isn't it?


I used masking (eg, a circle for the sun cut from a Whimsy Pierced and Stitched Circle Die), strips of paper and Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon, and Mustard Seed to create the background. I used Distress Ink Black Soot for the island as it's far darker than the DO version.

I then added a selection of the Whimsy Create a Scene Forest images.  There are trees and rocks and all sorts of things to create your own little nature picture.


I diecut the entire scene using one of the Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies and the embossed sentiment using a Quick Strip.

I added a Build an Island bird then drew in the reflection below.  Btw, after sponging the DO, I decided to add a bit more vibrancy to the colors using my Copic airbrush. Puff, puff and done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!