Monday, March 25, 2019

TFS Birthday Hop!


It is Topflight Stamps 2nd birthday! To celebrate, we’ve teamed up with up some of our favorite crafters to bring you a blog hop showcasing some of the fabulous products available from Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us all and show all of the crafters some love!

There's a sale going on through March 31.  Use code SAVE20 to save 20% off all purchases over $20!

Of course, it wouldn’t be a birthday celebration without prizes! Topflight Stamps is giving one lucky winner a $50 Gift Certificate, and each stop on the hop has an additional $15 Gift Certificate up for grabs. For chances to win, make sure to visit every stop on the hop and leave a comment by April 8th.

Winners will be announced on the Topflight Stamps blog on April 9th. Good Luck!

And get this!  I'm having an additional giveaway of my own on IG to make this birthday hop even sweeter! You could win the That's Crafty Magda Polakow The Mama Bear Collection set!  I'll announce the winner of this set on IG.

Now on to my card!


Let's start with the background. Rainbow. Shamrocks. Lots of future good luck! 

I covered the card front panel with Scor-Tape and laid down the the Visible Image Time Tunnel stencil over it.


I then burnished on the rainbow Deco Foil through the stencil. Next I carefully removed the stencil and burnished gold Deco Foil on the remaining exposed adhesive. I added a couple of layers of patterned paper hills. The edges of the foil got a little mucked up when I pulled off the stencil, so I used a frame die to remove the ick.


I used the quirky Aall and Create Dog Attitude and Aall and Create Moody Kittens images because how could I not?  They are so not in a celebratory mood, which is exactly why I love them. Their faces say it all for us introverts!



I stamped them (and the sentiment for that matter) with Versafine Onyx Black and colored them with Zig markers. Their expressions crack me up and I'm looking forward to more snarky cards with them!

Whew! Here's to much future success for Topflight Stamps!

Now keep hopping and enjoy all the amazing creativity you'll find by these wonderful ladies!

Topflight Stamps
Sandy Allnock
Jenny Colacicco
Justine Hovey
Toni M. Maddox  <------you are here
Kelly Martin
Annette Allen
Kymona Tracey
Ashley Cornell
Josefine Fouarge
Lisa Hoel
Laurel Beard
Ericka Strange
Ingrid Blackburn
Dana Joy
Amy Tsuruta
Lindsay Weirich

The Details:   Aall and Create Dog AttitudeAall and Create Moody KittensVisible Image Time Tunnel, Doodlebug Designs Lots o' Luck 6x6 paper, Honey Bee Deckle Edge Rectangle Die, Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Borders, Versafine Onyx Black, Zig Realbrush Watercolor Markers, Deco Foil, Scor Tape, Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper, Lindy's Bells of Ireland Magicals

63 comments:

  1. I love your snarky animals. I’d never thought of adding foil through stencils. I’ll gave to give it a try. I love your rainbow. So so cool. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat cards! So much color and so many things to look at. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of using foil thru stencils either...great idea.
    I was going to declare "introverts unite," but that would mean we all had to get together and that certainly wouldn't work! :)
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats too, so this really appeals to me. Super technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. I keep going back and thinking what a great Halloween card this would make with scroll in seasonal colors and the cats are really ready. Like the rough looking edges to distress this card. Great job Thanks for sharing. Have great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome card.. love the gold.. so cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me smile! Great shine and such a cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. The background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love learning new things - thank you - but I just love your card and so did everyone here at work - you characters made everyone laugh and tell everyone who they thought posed for this or that character. thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These stamps are such fun! I love your bright card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love that snarky cat and dog@ Thanks for sharing that technique, I have never seen it and its cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Love the added foiling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is a fun foiled background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very adorable! Love the burnishing technique. Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUCH AN AMAZING BACKGROUND! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card and I love the rainbow idea. So simple yet really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is awesome, as are those cats and dogs! Really like how you created that rainbow. Gotta' try that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun card. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Catitude! I may have to get these stamps thanks to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun card! I love the goofy critters.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these critters with attitude and the fabulous rainbow background.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you made it look like a rainbow. and those cats and dogs, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is yet another new technique to me. Love the happy colors with the snarky critters. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. As a newbie to card making i could read into the work you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really wild looking with the foil so kewl

    ReplyDelete
  26. The colors you used are very cool! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Card is so cute - love these stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have not seen these stamps before and I really like them and their snarkiness. The rainbow effect is very cool and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card, lots of work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cool idea of using the stencil to foil through!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fool through stencils is s great idea. Love your animals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry should read foil through stencils not fool 😱

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome card. Great idea for the foil. I'll be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a fun card. So colorful!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Interesting blend of colors and themes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Quirky little guys aren't they?!!! LOVE your card chickie. SO fun to hop alongside you again. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the pretty background you created and the charming critters! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the foil technique will have to give it a try. Your card is cute and glitzy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That stencil is so cool and those are some quirky little guys! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a great card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is awesome!!! I of course love the stamps you chose, I love snarky funny stuff. Also, freaking genius way to use a stencil with the foil. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love these animal stamps! Will have to check them out! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, Toni, I always love your cards, but this one is really, really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOWOW! What an absolutely amazing card using our Deco Foil! Love the stamp sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is so funny to look at because they don't even remotely look amused! I love the colors and burst of energy from the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your card and the foil is awesome! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This card is so cute!! That technique is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Foiling through a stencil is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  49. First impression, beautiful, but I don't have the skill. After looking at the instructions, maybe I can with the right products.

    ReplyDelete
  50. *snort* The looks on those animals' faces is priceless. And what a great idea with the foil! I wouldn't have thought of that at all. Plus, the contrast of the grumpy faces and the bright rainbow foil just adds to the whole hilarious vibe on the card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your card is so colorful and I love the expressions on the animals! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!