Sunday, October 21, 2018

Most Wonderful and Bright Time

I cleaned up part of my craft room this weekend and ended up with lots of "bits." You know, the stuff that I can't part with it because I might need it a million years in the future. Well, I took a stab at using up some of it. Some.


This first card uses a leaf background I stenciled at some point.  It occurred to me to use a Christmas sentiment that totally fits this time of year. Bold but that background still pops.

The Details:  Stamplorations Typografia Christmas Most Wonderful Time, Versamark, Ranger Black Embossing Powder, Tim Holtz Leaves Stencil, Distress Oxides


This card uses a vellum version of the same sentiment that I must have done at least a year ago if not two. Dang. It also uses a diecut that I nearly tossed because it didn't turn out perfectly.  I love the contrast of the silver embossing powder against that bright and cheery yellow.

I'm entering this in Inkspirational #172 Use Vellum


The Details:  Stamplorations Typografia Christmas Most Wonderful Time, Taylored Expressions Sweater Weather Cover Plate, Versamark, Recollections Detail Silver Embossing Powder, PTI vellum, Tim Holtz Leaves Stencil, Distress Oxides

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Toni! I love how vellum changes everything and you have showcased it's versatility with your two cards here! Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your imperfectly cut background looks perfect for your vellum card. I like that you chose bold yellow for the panel, an unusual Christmas color, but it certainly brightens up - very original! Thanks for sharing it with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!