Friday, September 7, 2018

Guesting at Inkspirational


I'm so pleased!  I was invited to guest at Inkspirational after being one of the top picks in April.  Woo hoo! This round we'd like you to use a doily in some fashion on your card.

I happened to have paper doilies that I had kept with a someday experiment in mind which I finally put into action--thanks Inspirational for the kick in the butt--LOL.

I used a square doily as a mask with my Copic airbrush and vintage/autumnal colors. I then stenciled some words randomly on the background before stamping the fairy. Now I hadn't intended to add actual doily to the card but I have butter fingers so dropped the inkpad on the far right side. I used the same doily I had used to mask to cover up that boo boo.  Cool effect, huh?  And double duty!


The Details:  Lavinia Josie, TCW stencil, doily, Copics and Copic airbrush, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Oxide Vintage Photo

3 comments:

  1. What a magical effect you've created on this beautiful card. There are layers of colour and pattern but it actually works really subtly behind your lovely silhouette. Great use of doilies! Thank you for being our Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, that background is genius. I LOVE it! How cool to get your kick in the backside to create this card because it is amazing. Thanks for guesting with us at Inkspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... what a creative use of doilies! I love that background against the bold colors. Congrats on the guest DT position! We love having you design with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!