Sunday, September 16, 2018

Cards in Envy Feels Like Fall


Does it feel like fall to you?  It does over at Cards in Envy--come join us!

My card started with a leftover panel from a project I had done last year involving a copper frame.  This was buried deeeeep in the "use this someday" pile, that's for sure.  I sponged it with Distress Oxides then light burnished the copper with a dry paper towel. I love the way the copper looks with the Oxides.

I die cut the leaves and struggled with the card base color. Kraft? White? Yellow? Black? Black obviously won out but I did add more interest that impressing the leaves into the black panel so the veins would show. Very cool. I positioned the die cut leaves so they stuck out over the edge of the panel. Again very cool that their points are mimicked by the points of the panel.

The Details:  PaperArtsy Autumn Edition EAB04, Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Leaves, Gina Marie Designs Inner Scalloped Frame, Distress Oxides, Versafine Onyx Black, Copper Conductive Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!