Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Heart Desires Challenge #5


We've got a new challenge starting up for October over at The Heart Desires!  I love everything about this one--the colors, the punny sentiments, the stacked pumpkins.  The elements to use this round are the colors, stack 'em up and large sentiments.

 
I used all three elements in my card--is this a first?!  I applied Bo Bunny glitter paste--I mixed my own orange and green--to the masked pumpkin stencil.  I set that aside to dry which takes no time at all.  Look at that shine!


I stamped the sentiment on acetate using Stazon, using a Copic multiliner afterwards to fill in the black completely (my Stazon needs reinking).  I die cut the various panels then assembled the shaker.  Tip of the day:  when adhering something to the glitter paste, lay a heavy object on top to create a good seal and wait until dry.  The glitter paste is textured so gluing something to it needs a bit of love.

Now go treat yo'self (and us!) and join in at THD Challenge #5!

The Details:  Carta Bella Pumpkin Stencil, Bo Bunny Lemonade, Tutu, & Blueberry Glitter Paste, Waffle Flower Flower Circles Inverted die, SugarPea Designs Fall Fox, Stazon Jet Black, Simon Says Stitched Rectangle die, Waltzing Mouse Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die, Glossy Accents, Recollections mini sequins


5 comments:

  1. super adorable...love the background and the dimension

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect play on all the elements! Love it- and great tip on the shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shaker girl and love how you did your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, Toni! It's so pretty AND it's a shaker! Fun design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!