Thursday, October 13, 2016

All Good Things


I've been wanting to try the Ranger Distress Speciality Stamping paper for a while now.  The smoothness reminds me very much of Yupo.  I decided to use the Versamark ghosting technique shown over at the current CAS Mix Up (they're having a DT call!) to really test its uses and limits.

I stamped the tree ring in Versamark then sprinkled some Brushos and spritzed with water. Hold my breath time--could this paper handle spritzing?   Yes?   Would it warp?  Barely!  Dried in a hot minute too! I absolutely adore the results. Now the resist of the tree ring wasn't as defined as I had hoped with the Brushos, but, wow, it really showed up when I stamped the main image.   And without having to heat emboss--brilliant!


As you can see I was also very much inspired by SIP #69 Fall in Love and Waffle Flower Photo Inspiration October 2016 (fall colors, nature, wheat).


The Details:  Concord & 9th Tree Ring, Dark Brown, Sunburst Lemon and Orange Brushos, Hero Arts Sand to Chocolate Brown Ombre ink, Ranger Distress Speciality Stamping Paper, Gina Marie Big and Little Pierced Chain Rectangle die, Waffle Flower Wild & Free, Versamark, Stampendous Detail Fine White Embossing Powder, Bazzill Fig Swirl cardstock, We R Memory Keepers Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Candied Apple Distress Ink



11 comments:

  1. OMG Toni...Stunning Work of Art! Gorgeous collage images, colors and design. TFS your detailed description of how your new paper worked for you. Your ghosting is subtle, but it is there. So pleased you were able to join us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTICALLY textured!! Just plain GORGEOUS Toni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Toni. So artsy and full of life. Great colours and mix of images. Sounds like the Specialty stamping paper is worth trying out ... will add it to my wish list. :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one calls for a little 'show and tell' Toni!! Video time? It's so cool!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Toni! I love your Brusho colors and the pattern the tree ring made! A super use of the ghosting technique! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni, This card is gorgeous! I love the images and how it is all pulled together. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is amazing, Toni! What a fabulous array of elements and colors. I'm going to have to check out that technique. So glad you joined us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Toni, this is stunning! I just love all the subtle patterns in this. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous Toni....love the look
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful, I think it's about time I give Brushos a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cool card, really cool technique... thanks for sharing with the people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!