Sunday, November 22, 2015

Embiggened Tag

I loved the mixed media tree tag I had made so much I decided to make another into a card.  I had just enough of the fabric dye watercolor paper left to eek out a second tree.  I masked off some watercolor paper and did a Distress ink blue wash, moving the brush in waves to suggest movement, mountains or whatever you imagine.  A die cut hill adds another layer of dimension behind the tree.  Further details on how I created the tree and ingredients can be found on my previous post about the tag version.
I'm entering this in Simon Says Christmas, Christmas Cards All Year Long Tree, Jingle Bells Holiday Leftovers, Addicted to Stamps and More #171 Anything Goes, Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #18 Texture
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is cool! I can see why you had to do it twice. Amazing!!! Thanks for your sweet comment. Made my day! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Really stunning design here! Love the technique you've done and then added a matching tag too!! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i'm ♥IN LOVE♥ with this card... especially that GLORIOUS TREE! yowza! what a wonderful addition to our buffet of "holiday leftovers" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, beautiful Christmas card, wonderful tree.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoaaa Toni!!!
    AMAZING
    speechless
    cant speak
    SPECTACULAR
    loveee your tag and card I really cant write Love these Toni this is my winner in my book
    thanks for joining us this week at ATSM
    see you again next week maybe?
    hugs, Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I absolutely love what you did here, great project,- thanks so much for adding it to our Texture challenge challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lovin' that gorgeous tree ... and the blue washed sky is perfection too ... so very glad you joined us with your holiday leftovers at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love that tree!!!! Thanks for playing at the MMMC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really pretty. love that you recreated a tag into a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!