Sunday, November 8, 2015

Blinged Out Tree

 
More mixed media tag fun.  For this one I already had a watercolor panel I used for the base on hand--just a coincidence that it had shadow trees (squee!).  I don't have any Brushos but I do have fabric dyes for scarf and yarn dyeing so I decided to see how those would react with paper.  I sprinkled shades of blue, green and yellow then misted with water.  Holy crap!  Love it so much!

I die cut the tree from that then added white acrylic paint along the raised portions of the tree that represent snow.  I then spread on glitter paste with a cotton swab.  I hadn't expected the white acrylic beneath to disappear so much when dry so I added more, this time above the glitter line.  While that was drying (way faster than the glass bead gel), I flicked water onto the tag panel for snow and cut out a hill of snow by hand.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine.

The Details:  Americana snow white acrylic paint, BoBunny sugar glitter paste, Q-tips, Tim Holtz watercolor paper and Distress Ink(s) for the tag base, Recollections 110lb white cardstock snow bank, Amy Tangerine ribbon, Jacquard Acid dyes, Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree die, Impress sentiment (partial)

I'm adding this to Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas

12 comments:

  1. WOW ... so cool Toni! A friend sent me a few fabric dyes but I haven't had a chance to play with them yet ... this looks amazing! And I love the glitter paste and your snowy topping. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful tag with my event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Toni, this is fabulous...love the effect from the fabric dyes. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this .... your glitter paste looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background and glittery tree Toni. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one too...seriously, between you and Loll...my have to have it list is ridiculously long! Awesome tag my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Toni and I love the beautiful tree. It looks so 3D with all the texture and glitter!
    Carol
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a real joy to visit your blog post here. I love playing and experimenting and have gained so much inspiration from here, thanks very much x A real great job on this tag, so very unique and so very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tree and this background are both FABULOUS! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous mixed media! Love the way you did the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has a ton of wow factor, Toni! The depth and dimension are magnificent! Congratulations for being a Top Three at Loll's Twelve Tag event!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the top three. I always enjoy dipping into your blog, as you love to try out different things and techniques and you always look like you are having fun with your crafting x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!