Sunday, July 13, 2014

Birthday Minion + Instructions

My stepson's girlfriend's nephew's birthday's coming up (say that 5 times fast!) and she mentioned the party was going to be minion-themed.  Could. Not. Resist.

Body
  1. Cut a 4 x 5.25" piece of yellow card.
  2. Round the top corners.
  3. Attach to an A2  (4.25 x 5.5") black card base.
Goggles
  1. Cut a .5 x 4" strip of black cardstock.  This is the goggles strap.
  2. Adhere the black strip about 1.5" down the card.
  3. Cut two 1.25" circles in gray (shiny silver if you've got it would be ideal).
  4. Attach the two gray circles over the strip, centered vertically and horizontally.
Eyes
  1. Cut two 1" circles in white.
  2. Cut two .5" circles in brown.
  3. If you're going to use tiny black brads for the pupils, do so now.  Otherwise, draw in or use black Enamel Accents like I did at the end.
  4. Attach the brown circles to the white.
  5. Attach the eyes to the gray circles, centering vertically and horizontally.
Hair
  1. Cut narrow strips of 1.5" black cardstock.
  2. Glue down in your preferred style.
Mouth
  1. I used my largest circle die to cut a circle segment from black cardstock then cut it down to size.
  2. You could also just draw it in.
Overalls
  1. Cut a 1.5 x 2.5" piece of cardstock for the bib.  I used a dark blue here.
  2. Attach the bib to the bottom center of the yellow layer. 
  3. Cut two .5 x 3" strips of the same cardstock for the straps.  
  4. If you're using brads instead of buttons for the snaps, do so now.  Otherwise, wait until the end.
  5. Attach the straps to the bib at your preferred angle.
  6. Carefully cut away the excess strap.  I used an Exacto blade.
  7. Using a white pigment pen, draw in stitching lines as shown.
Now isn't that easy?

The Details:  Lifestyle Crafts circle dies, Enamel Accents, Sakura white pigment pen, Martha Stewart corner rounder, PopTone black licorice cardstock, PTI yellow cardstock, various scraps of other cardstock, Glossy Accents

I'm entering this in Seize the Birthday without Stars or Stripes topping, Cardz 4 Guyz DIY (the Minions from Despicable Me do everything from dusting to building spaceships--so cute!), Pal Paper Arts #211 Color challenge, The Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday




16 comments:

  1. LOL ... so cute! You gotta love minions! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minions are new to me, but they sound perfect for DIY. A super designed and constructed card. Thanks for joining in with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! My grandsons would love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make great cards for kids those Minions, fab job.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card..I am sure he will love it and treasure it!! Thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Happy Birthday" challenge!!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Thank you for sharing the how to's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your adorable minion card, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design - perfect for our 'DIY challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz, thanx for sharing.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! A great card and a very clever design.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The overalls are the cutest thing ever! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest. The first time I watched the movie with my grandsons I thought it was stupid but when you keep having to see it over and over it grows on you. Thanks for giving directions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com
    Fun tutorial. I just made mine and will be making more for the nephews in our lives-big and small:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! So cute!! My boys would love this! Well done and thank you for sharing the tutorial too. Smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Squeal! I LOVE the minions! I will case this! Thank you for sharing the how to's also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!