Wednesday, November 27, 2013

You Better Watch Out . . .

 
I tried my hand at a couple of different bokeh methods this past weekend.  In this case I tried to evoke a Christmas tree behind the zombie by using an eraser to create dots. It helps if you squinch your eyes.

Can you believe this is a card a coworker requested for his young niece?  I hadn't realized zombie popularity spanned the generations; I'm feeling rather hip now!  Even so I tried to make this guy zombie cute rather than zombie chomp although the "merry" makes me think of bullet holes--aim for the head, you fool! 

The Details:  Stamper's Anonymous Zombie Birthday stamp, mystery green card stock from old stash, Memento Pistachio, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, and Love Letter, Colorbox Cranberry pigment ink ("bright"), Spectrum Noirs, Memory Box die, Hero Arts Glow Girl and You & Me stamps, Pentel Clic Erase I've had forever

I'm entering this in Addicted to Stamps & More #73 Any Holiday, Shopping Our Stash #129 Holiday or WinterIncy Wincy Designs For the Men in Your Life, Designed to Color #23 Christmas/WinterFestive Friday Final 2013 Challenge Merry, Penny Black Anything Goes, Inkspirational #44 Anything Goes, and Cards for Men #24 Anything Goes.

Currently listening to:  annoying buzzing sound from computer and my cat cutely snoring.  Oh, plus tinkling water from Yurtle the Turtle's tank.

10 comments:

  1. oh, i feel old now; zombies for christmas cards? i love the holiday colours. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more, although our challenge rules limit participants to three submissions.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, I love your "outside the box" creativity! So glad you joined us at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can't say that he looks too Merry (lol!) (and did you pierce all those?! Love the effect - I used a bullet effect like this on my valentine for my son this year - kids!! ) And I love the bokeh - it looks like glowing lights! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you again in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho ho what a brilliant image, humorous card for somebody who understands it!!! ( I would !) fabulous!
    Thanks for sharing at Penny Black and more, welcome again, new challenge comes on Sunday;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes..this is scary! Great fun card and beautifully made. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Officially the first time I've seen a zombie used for a holiday card! I think your bokeh turned out great too! This is such a fun one, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That un-merry zombie is colored perfectly!!!;) Fun card and design...so clever!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra points awarded to you for creativity! I like the dotted area behind the zombie and the amazing repeated Merry. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect card for a Zombie Lover. Great fun card. Love the Bokeh background. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. a truly unique Christmas card - the piercing goes rather well together with the Zombie image (great coloring btw.)
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!