Monday, November 25, 2013

Traditional Dad

I designed this card after a discussion with a couple of friends about their very traditional dads and how difficult it is to find cards for them.  Keep it traditional male but keep it interesting.  Argh.  I decided to use texture and natural materials to do that--cork, wood, metal, waffle weave brown paper, and linen texture green paper.  I laid out the elements to mirror the plaid.  Sounds like it took 10-15 minutes, right?  Ha!  Days, people, days--they're not kidding when they say male cards can be hard to make.  Frustrating process but I'm really satisfied with the results.  And glad it's over. :-)

The Details:  PTI sentiment inside and cork, Pop Tone brown paper, mystery green & cream paper from stash, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, DCWV Natural Stack plaid paper, Little Yellow Bicycle Wood Tag

I'm entering this in Seize the Birthday (wow, looks like my card is going to stick out like a sore thumb there without the optional toppings!), Cards for Men #24 Anything Goes, and Here Come the Boys #65 Sentiments Only

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous simple design but its really effective. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this male birthday card - especially the plaid paper x Male cards are def the hardest to put together I started a board on Pinterest for them and whenever I need one I look on there for inspiration x
    Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog today xx
    ((Hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice card and I love the clean finish! Thanks for sharing at Here Come The Boys Woo & Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous male birthday card! Love how CAS it is. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - great colours and perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at Here Come the Boys.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Here come the boys with your great card.
    DT Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine CAS card! So glad you joined us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!