Saturday, November 23, 2013

I'm a Pepper

A few days ago I was browsing some blogs and saw a challenge for using recycled materials in a card.  This got me thinking about my trips to Africa for my job and how things are recycled and reused out of necessity and always done with so much creativity--way more creatively than I've shown here, I assure you.  One year I brought back some ornaments made from aluminum cans.  When we put up the tree this year I'll take a pic for you.  It's one of my favorite ornaments and brings fond memories.

The Details:  My Mind's Eye Merry Little Christmas paper, Heidi Kress embroidery board (tree), PTI white card stock, vellum, Cuttle Swiss Dots embossing folder, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, regular hole punch, aluminum from soda can, Scor-Tape & foam dots, Penny Black Christmas Cheer sentiment inside

I'm entering this in Twisted Tuesday Pop Dots & Polka Dots, Merry Monday Trees with Bling, ABC Christmas Challenge W for Winter Wishes, Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Snow, Just Us Girls #216 Photo Inspiration, Sisterhood of Crafters Embossing, and Crafter's Cafe Heavy Metal

13 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! I love the tree background and the Swiss Dot EF on vellum really gives it a soft look. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Love trash to treasure :-) and love the embossed vellum panel over the paper. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Embossing Challenge. PS: you should enter this over at eclectic Paperie for their challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card! Love all the trees and the soft color scheme!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you used the aluminum from a soda can! Love the tree and great design. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the colours right on! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable... I agree with Sharyn... Love the added Swiss dots! Glad you played along with us at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trees behind the vellum are perfect to your fun tree~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very striking! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Love the embossing and winter design. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Thanks for sharing this for CCAYR 'winter wonderland' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you recycled that aluminum can! So pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, so creative! Beautiful colors too! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your lovely festive card at Christmas at Christmas Cards All Year Round and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!