Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Deck the Halls

This card reminds me of crisp midwestern winter days when it may have been frozen nose-hair cold outside but inside the wood stove would be blazing away and we had the Christmas music playing and  the tree in the living room would be lit with the lamps turned off the better to enjoy the twinkling.  And let's not forget the sound of siblings fighting in the background.  LOL.

For this card I chose to use two embossing folders; easy to do now that they're all organized in my stash (love!).  Under the green strip of patterned paper I scored a couple of lines but it didn't feel quite right so I faked washi tape with patterned paper.  Methinks I should be getting some green washi tape.  The outside sentiment is printed on my laserjet on vellum.

The Details:  Cuttlebug bird and Darice music embossing folders, mystery PP and card stock from old stash, PTI white card stock, red washi tape, printable vellum, epoxy berries, Sharpie (eyes)

I'm entering this in Less is More 146 Designer Paper in a CAS way, Curtain Call CAS-ual Christmas,and Jingle Belles Holiday Traditions.

8 comments:

  1. so fun and festive, Toni! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of embossing folders and the way you added the berry gems to the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab holiday card, i love the festive C&S vibe of this! and yes, the sound of siblings fighting in the background was part of most of our holiday traditions, too, lol! thanks for sharing your xmas memories with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved warming-up in front of the fire ... so glad you shared your holiday tradition with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the EFs and love the added red dots. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Toni!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I love the embossing!
    Thanks for the comment on my card! The sentiment I used is from the Mighty Oak stamp set from PTI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, Toni! I'm a huge fan of embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete