Monday, September 5, 2016

Autumn Leaves

I love using Brushos with stencils.   I find its best to put a little bit of removable adhesive on the back of the stencil so it's less likely the watercolor will seep where it shouldn't.   When it does though it lends to the artsy feel so don't sweat it.   For the leaf, I sprinkled Brushos on scrap watercolor paper, spritzed, dried then die cut.   Love the random pattern so much!    I thought the Avery Elle border die would be perfect to create the sentiment strip.  Look at those pierced dots--what a great detail--so I used a pierced dot rectangle border too.

I'm entering this in TIME Out 65 Inspired by Words, Mod Squad Use FoliageVirginia's View 23 Spray, Mist, Spatter


The Details:  Carta Bella Crisp Autumn stencil, Sunburst Lemon, Scarlet and Emerald Green Brushos, Avery Elle Dotted Borders die, Waffle Flower Lacy Layers die, Ranger watercolor paper, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves die,  PTI Choose Joy sentiment and kraft cardstock, VersaFine Vintage Sepia


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! The inked colors are so artsy and beautiful, Toni! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft colors and pretty layout. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I saw this again and had to come back for another look. :) Love! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!