Friday, October 2, 2015

So Jealous

Today is the start of a new Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge featuring paper-piecing.  I feel like I have been waiting for this moment forever and a day because I always thought this elephant's dress was ideal for piecing but had never got around to it.  I'm sure you can relate so dust off those gems and join us!  Btw, we have a special guest this month, Sylvia of Poppy's Papercraft Patch.  Do stop by and leave her some love on her fab card.  You'll be inspired again by Sylvia during our mid-month inpiration post so do check in again.

For my card I decided to paper-piece all of her outfit--I mean obviously someone as glamorous as Miss E wouldn't have it any other way.  I then took my BG72 Copic to shade a bit.  I love the effect.

You'll notice that I listed Stazon as the ink I used; that's because the paper has glossy orange flowers which other inks can't stick to.  Stazon worked a treat.

The Details:  Art Impressions Elephant Set, DCWV Cafe Mediterranean cardstock, Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Jet Black, Glossy Accents

I'm entering this in Little Tangles #61 Paper Piecing and Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Haha, she is a fashion girl, Toni! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Toni my friend, this is such a fun image and I love that matching ensemble she is wearing . . . Go Girl! Thanks for making me smile! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun Toni!! LOVE this image ... that girl has ATTITUDE!! :) And she's ALL THAT in her matching dress, purse and hat! :) Great job with the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, your cards always make me smile! And this is so exception! She looks very chic with her flowered dress and matching accessories! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile ...... doesn't she look chic in her matching outfit. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have many large images which suit paper piecing but you're right, this one was just crying out for it. And what a wonderful job. Love the dress and matching accessories, so great with that sentiment too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!