Sunday, April 26, 2015

Birthday Bird Collage



I immediately thought of this new bird stamp in my stash when I saw the latest CAS(E) This Sketch.  I love the play of patterns--like a Japanese kimono, don't you think?  

I stenciled the branches using my airbrush and Copic RV13.  I then randomly inked up the music stamp with Distress Inks.  The bird and sentiment followed.  I may go back and heat emboss the bird stamp.  I left it on the MISTI so I can use Versamark and clear embossing powder.  Maybe tomorrow.  Ooh, will the sequins melt?  I bet they will.  I can easily pop those off and reattach them.  Whew!

The Details:  Memory Box Garden Leafy Branches stencil, PTI Mixed Message sentiment, Crafty Individuals CI-248 bird stamp, Heidi Swapp music stamp, VersaFine Onyx Black, Distress Ink Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, Recollections white 110lb cardstock base, 12x12 mystery striped cardstock from stash, Copic RV13




3 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful leaf background so perfect for your bird stamp.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layered background you've created for this gorgeous image. Sort of reminds me of the very popular and trendy zentangle. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!