Sunday, January 26, 2014

Here, Chickie Chickie

Gingham has a definite country flair to it in my eyes and it's one of my absolutely favorite patterns, especially when on the diagonal.  Gingham = country = farm = chickens.  I wanted just a hint of chicken wire so used the PTI stencil template I made earlier and sponged a bit of yellow.  The chicks read a little bland so I colored in their combs and beaks.  Pop!

Btw, I read on a couple of blogs recently where they used their Silhouettes and a transparency to create a stencil.  Oh my damn. So brilliant!

The Details:  PTI white card stock, black card stock from old stash, Martha Stewart gingham paper and corner rounder, Memento Tuxedo Black and Dandelion, Spectrum Noir markers, MFT Contempo Cafe sentiment, Studio G chicks

I'm entering this in Addicted to Stamps and More! #79 CAS, Ladybug Crafts Give Thanks, CAS on Sunday #25 Lovey Dovey, and Cute Card Thursday #305 So Sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. I love how you have created your background. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chickens are so adorable, like the way u created the BG :) thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni. Those chicks are super cute. Love the gingham border, great card! Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love gingham too and this is a great way to use it on a card. Wish I had thought of it, but now I'll remember it after seeing your card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for our challenge CAS on Sunday!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge!
    Mariken xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!