Sunday, April 8, 2018

Brighter Days


Took a moment to play with my new goodies today!

To create the clouds I first masked the card base then brushed on a base layer of Distress Oxide Salty Ocean. Then I stenciled the clouds by using Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans before spattering with a touch of water.  Once that was dry, I stenciled the sun rays.

I wanted lots of yellow so decided to paper-piece the umbrella with a fun dotty paper; I did create some shading with Copics on it. Next I colored up rest of the image along with a couple of adorable ducks. Soooo cute! I added a diecut strip of grass but left it white for simplicity.

I'm entering this in MFT Sketch #379, Inkspirational 158 Rain, Addicted to Stamps and More #286 Anything Goes


The Details:  MFT Rain or Shine, Puddle Jumper, Mini Cloud Stencil, and Radiating Rays, Distress Oxides, Doodlebug Springtime 6x6 Paper, Copics, Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die

4 comments:

  1. I love how you've done the clouds above the sun and I love the paper-piecing - love it all! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The composition on your card is amazing, with the stormy clouds/sunny rays split panel, Toni! Perfect canvas for the adorable little girl and ducklings. The polka dot umbrella? Yes please! So thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!