Monday, November 2, 2015

Shiny Happy Sentiment


Today is the start of a new challenge over at the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge.  This month it's all about gilding.  We also have a guest designer that you should totally check out--thanks for joining us, Karen (Made by Meadie)!

With my card I used iCraft Deco Foil to gild the sentiment.  I experimented, a lot, and found the best method for me and a die with thin lines was to apply the foil to the foam adhesive first then die cut the sentiment and leave it in the die.  Yes, leave it there.  I already knew where I wanted it to go so I peeled off the remaining protective liner and placed the die right on the card.  A little press and I removed the die with no problem and had a shiny happy sentiment.  Voila! 

The Details:  Papertrey Ink Sparkle & Shine die and 140lb white card base, Lil' Inker Shiny Happy Sentiments, Inkadinkado Circles & Dots, Recollections Silver detail embossing powder, iCraft Deco Foil and foam adhesive, Recollections gold glitter washi tape, Versamark, Stampendous detail black embossing powder, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, Recollections 110lb white cardstock


10 comments:

  1. Yes, we DO all need a little more sparkle in our lives! This is the PERFECT shimmery card. Love the swirl you did with that floss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Toni my friend and a stunning design! So classy! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this ...... beautifully CAS with lots of sparkle too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your design Toni. So pretty and shiny! Thanks for the tip about how to use the foil. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to add that gorgeous shiny sentiment, Toni! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip about leaving the die cut in place to position it. Beautifully designed card, Toni! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Toni! Love your trick with adhering of die-cut! I totally failed with the foil :(, was going to have it all over my stamped sentiments and added some heat, too much heat...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design, Toni and that gold foil looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Toni and your design is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so late commenting, Toni. I love your central elements, so much glitz, it's stunning. And the white space is yummy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!