Friday, November 6, 2015

Peace Out!

I'm very excited to announce that Happy Little Stampers has started a Mixed Media challenge starting with "Tag." Our definition of mixed media is really quite broad which opens up the possibilities for you to get your hands dirty.
  • The term “mixed media art” is a broad definition that covers many arts and crafts, including collage, assemblage (both 2D and 3D), altered objects, including books and boxes, handmade greeting cards, artist trading cards (ATCs) and tags, art journalling and book making.

    The “mixed media” used includes paints, papers and board of all descriptions, glues, buttons, fabrics, found objects, photos, metal bits, fibres, things from nature, inks, pencils, crayons, markers, pastels and polymer clays, to name a few.
     
  • The main thing you need to remember is to COMBINE the medias listed above. 
Coincidentally (wink, wink), one of our design team members, Loll, is hosting a 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.  Why not link up your creations to both?!

For my tag I finger-painted a piece of glossy card using alcohol inks.  I then used stencil paste to add snow which I brushed with Perfect Pearls.  I die cut my tree and bird next then added a few random dots of Glossy Accents which I covered with cut glass glitter.  I added the Stampin' Up sentiment and a ribbon to tie it all together.  So lots of elements which can be categorized into texture, color and shine.  Fun!
 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE!! I was wondering how you did the background! It's so cool but I hope you wore gloves when you were fingerpainting because those AIs stain! You've already got the knack of mixed media in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Love this ...... the colour is stunning and I love the die cut. the white really pops against that background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE the bright colours of your blue alcohol ink background. What a great idea to use finger painting for that! Adds great visual texture. And love your snowy scene with the glitter falling snow and snowflakes ... and those beautiful trees. What a great start to the HLS Mixed Media Challenge! And thanks so much for sharing your tag at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background.. I love that you finger painted it..very cleaver girl to use what God has given you as tools.. LOL. awesome little pop of red.. and gorgeous shine.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Toni, such a gorgeous bright blue background for your beautiful mixed media Winter scene tag. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Toni! I just love the bright and cheery colour from the alcohol ink - a wonderful background for your winter scene and the pop of red on the bird is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag Toni, love the vibrant background you've created. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!