Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty

I've had this card in my head for quite a while.  Love the pop of the blues against the kraft so much!  And I've missed working up flowers.  Very simple--stamped the background stamp using a pale ink then used watercolor pencils to color the flower.  Watercolor pencils without water.  The barely there background speaks to me.

The Details:  Derwent watercolor pencils, PTI Choose Joy sentiment, 140lb cardstock base and 80lb kraft cardstock, VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Hero Arts soft vanilla and large flower background, Simon Says Stitched Rectangle die

I'm entering this in Mod Squad Make Your Own Patterned Paper, CASology #173 Pretty, Addicted to Stamps and More #171 Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Toni perfect card, love the blue on kraft. This has got to be my all time favourite stamp from hero art. So many wYs to use it. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! The blue simply POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue - beautiful card :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!! I am loving that blue rose flower!! WOW! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card! Love the coloring and that awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TONI!! STUNING
    I love the blue pop of the kraft paper
    Stunning coloring and woow without water?? I cant do that
    my card will be in trash bin
    better I gave color if it is water color pencil haha..
    your card is BEAUTIFUL ADORABLE ..my winner card on my book
    Many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
    we hope you join us again next week,
    Hugs,
    Monika (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flower and backgroud stamping. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toni, this is so pretty and your colouring is amazing! I should try and use my watercolour pencils without water. Such a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology again this week! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pop of blue against the kraft background too, really beautiful. And the first thing I think of with that background is finely tooled leather, I just think that's what it looks like. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Gorgeous card, Toni! I love blue on kraft too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is stunning! What beautiful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blue flower is so very pretty, and I really like your kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, forgot to say thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!