Friday, November 20, 2015

CAS Mixed Media Poppies

Lately I've been contemplating mixed media and CAS styles of card-making.  When I think of MM I think lots of texture and layers and paint and schtuff.  CAS is opposite land.  But what to do when you're a CAS girl at heart who happens to like getting messy--often unintentionally but that's beside the point.  With this card I managed to combine both styles.

For the flowers I painted my Gelli plate with purple acrylic paint then lightly misted it with water before pulling a print.  While that dried I used the faux mother of pearl technique for the greenery (Memento inks and Fantast/x frost white all-purpose ink--thanks for the Fantast/x, Loll!).  The card front is impressed with a PTI impression plate and the PTI sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black--see the picture below for an eyeful of that texture--swoon.  The poppy is cut twice--once in the green panel and then again in the purple for the blossoms.  I used Copics on the stamens.
I'm entering this in CASology #173 Pretty, Seize the Birthday without Vellum/Acetate Topping   

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful poppies.....love the pretty font on your "Birthday" too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!


    ReplyDelete
  2. GOR-GEOUS! Great job combining CAS and mixed media. It's a bit of a fine line ... but you did GREAT! Love the purple flower --- so pretty. And love the texture from your embossing plate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love the purple poppies and that awesome embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Toni! I love how you have combined mixed media techniques to create a stunningly CAS card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful texture on the white and the colors! Love that richly colored poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of texture, yet this card looks very CAS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love all the detail and yet it's still so CAS. Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!