Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Strawberries

This month at the House of Cards we ask you to use a butterfly and/or our color palette.  I did both--no, no, not on the same card--your eyes are not deceiving you!  Honestly I had no intention of using the color palette but while I was coloring these strawberries unrelated to the challenge, it occurred to me how easy it would be to incorporate all those colors.  Dude!   I love it!  And now I want some yummy strawberries, my favorite fruit!
 

Do play along with us this month.  There are soooooooooooo many possibilities--who knew?!.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

And do also stop by the blogs of my teamies.  Always such fab creations to inspire us!


The Details:  Recollections 110lb white cardstock base, Paper Studio vellum, Memory Box Fresh Foliage die, Simon Says stitched square die, PSX G-1301 stamp, Gmund Savanna Limba 111lb coverstock (woodgrain), navy pinstripe cardstock from Ben Franklin's years ago, Copic R22, R24, R27, R29, R39, YG61, YG63, YG67, B21, B23, B26, BG01, B0000, T1, N3, Y11, Y21, Y19, Y35, E30

I'm entering this in Fusion Cupcake (sketch and bright yellow), 






17 comments:

  1. What a great design and gorgeous way to combine those colors! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your IMAGE
    the way you colored
    and the bright yellow really pop on your card Toni
    nearly all DT made Butterfly card and you made different one..clever IDEA Toni..
    may I ask you is Toni really a woman name
    cause in Indonesia my friend Toni is a man
    is that your real name Toni
    sorry I am so currious hehehe LOL
    see you on my Butterfly card post...
    hugs
    Monika (Teammate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't always comment but I do always think your colouring is stunning - these strawberries are no exception! Love the wood grain card stock and leaves too - fab details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, WOW. This is absolutely AMAZING! LOVE the wood grain, the bright colors, and the beautiful vellum leaves! This rocks! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni! Wow those strawberries look good enough to eat! Fantastic coloring. Love how you used the color challenge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni this is fabulous, the strawberries look real, you have me wanting to make a strawberry pie! Donna HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Toni! Fabulous image and your coloring matches the picture perfectly!!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you have me wanting strawberries Toni. LOL. Fantastic card and coloring.

    Hugs
    Dana
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. Your primary colors are fabulous together. Great design too.
    Anne Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes you are right... want some strawberrys too :D Great coloring, very lively yummy..
    Ma :) HOC DT
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coloring! Love the vellum leaves...
    Lilian
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, your colouring is fab!
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, two cards! This one is fabulous as well - perfect coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. Love the layering of the vellum leaves under the main panel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love how bright and colorful the berries are! Great job!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Toni, what a beautiful card, and you really nailed the color palette! I so love this. Hugs, Barbara, HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Love how you used the colors!
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!