Saturday, June 24, 2017

Be Awesome or Else!


You heard me! LOL. I think we can all use a little reminder to be the best we can be, don't you?

I'm very excited to be guest designing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for Challenge #87. The picture of Edna as PBS Bob cracks me up. Happy trees!


I had originally thought of using trees in my card, thus the green in various Distress Inks and Oxides, but I was really drawn to the Jackson Pollock spatters too. So I embossed the NT Topography background stamp in white--sort of spatters without the mess. I then used a hexagon coverplate to diecut that, promptly dropped it, then had to piece the hexagons like a puzzle. SUCH a Toni move, let me tell ya.

Once that was pieced together--I used Scor-tape to keep it all together, btw--I diecut it again so the awesome is outlined and inset. The other parts of the sentiment are embossed in white on black and a sprinkling of enamel dots added to draw the eye.

The Details:  Neat and Tangled Topography Stamps and Awesome Dies, Distress Oxide Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, and Broken China, Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon and Mowed Lawn, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder, PTI Hexagon Cover Plate, Eyelet Outlet Enamel Dots


6 comments:

  1. I love your card, great elements and use of the oxide inks (haven't bought any~~yet) I'm still struggling with color burst. Loved the part about dropping it but remember puzzles are good brain training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, your card is indeed AWESOME! Love that topography stamp, the colors you used, and how you die cut it (and pieced it back together all puzzle-like LOL!)! Fabulous way to rock your crown at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL card, thank you for being our Queen!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a fabulous Queen you are! Thank so much for guesting with us, Toni, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good! Happy trees, LOL. (Won't anyone not familiar with PBS Bob be confused by our badge? Which is all good.) Dropping all the hexagon pieces sounds like such a me move. Anyway... your card is... awesome, and so happy that you joined us for this challenge as Queen of Snark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most awesome!!!
    Thank you for being our reigning Queen of Snark and guest designer for this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!