Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Another Foiled Christmas Card


As I was playing with foil I wondered if I could print an image and stamp over it before foiling.  Would the ink make the foil not stick?  Not at all--worked like a charm!   Would the foil be hard to see?  Depends on the color of the foil and the background.   I liked it best with a soft background and bold foil.

Yet another way to use foil in my cards. Imagine the layering effects with some ink behind and some on top of the foil.  Swoon!

The Details:  Black Deco foil, Hammermill color copy 80# cardstock, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base, snowflake clipart, Hero Arts Soft Granite, Momenta background stamp

I'm entering this in Jingle Belles Text Me, Fab n Funky #293 Christmas, The Male Room #29 Monochromatic, Holly Jolly #66 Getting Sentiment-al

8 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh my gosh, that is such a FABULOUS job of foiling. pretty sure you are a genius to have thought of layering it OVER the cool text printed paper. YOWZA! so glad you could join our texty fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... that is an amazing effect ... love the soft text background ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. That's fab!
    Looks so professional.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. So classy Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely CAS Christmas card and love the black and white too! Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card... Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Christmas card, I love the foil snowflake. Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room.
    Chris (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!